Happy Birthday my sweet little girl!!
One week old today!!
there are so many things i want to remember about this first week of your life, so i am going to share them here...* i was in labor for about 24 hours, but only realized it 5 hours in...
* you were born c-section
* your dad held you first and i am convinced it was love at first sight for him. :)
* i cried when i heard you cry for the first time. you were finally here, and i was so happy!
* you had hair!! something we didn't think would be the case! we thought you would be bald for sure!
* feeding you for the first time was an amazing experience. it was also the first time i was able to hold you.
* you nanny and papa were at the hospital when you were born. and they saw you for the first time in the nicu window when dad was helping clean you up.
* you are beautiful. no doubt in my mind, you are truly the most beautiful baby ever!
* and you look JUST LIKE YOUR DAD!!
(see below pics) :)
Kevin is on the left... Abbi on the right.
* you are a very sweet baby
* everyone at the hospital was very nice to us! they all loved you!
* it took us a few days to figure out how to feed you.
* you have a short fuse when it comes to feeding time... you want food and you want it now!! :)
* i fall in love all over again with you everytime you look into my eyes!
* your daddy loves to hold you! and everytime he does he says... "you are so pretty"! i hear him say that alot! it is so true! you are soooo pretty! and i love watching your dad fall in love with you more and more each time he looks at you!
* you have long fingers and toes... not sure where you got those from!
* we all struggled (mom, dad and nanny) your first night home. we lovingly refer to that night as "black monday". :) i felt so bad because we just couldn't figure out how to help you eat. you were not happy. i think you got the most sleep out of all of us. there were tears shed by all... happy and sad. :)
* after meeting with a lactation specialist the next morning, we made huge progress in helping you eat! new binkies and bottle tops! what a difference! wahoo!!
* you have started to lift your little head up and look around when you are laying on my shoulder. you don't want to miss anything going on around you!
* you have changed your routine about 10 times in the last few days. :)
* my favorite time of the day is after you have eaten and you snuggle up in a little ball on my chest and we just snuggle. it melts me everytime.
* gas or no gas, you smile quite often at us. i believe it is a true smile. and it the most precious thing i have ever seen!
* and... you do have gas. i feel bad your little tummy is hurting. we are giving you drops to help you feel better with it.
* you are such a sweet baby, pretty relaxed majority of the time
* you make lots little cooing noises while you sleep
* we love that you are a cuddle bug... just like mom and dad :)
* you are a very pretty baby. and we all love to just look at you
* you have the most beautiful blue eyes
* when you are looking around at everything you usually have your little hands and feet crossed
* all of the family came over for a one week birthday party for you tonight! they even had presents and birthday cupcakes for you! you were so good! just chilled outside with us!
* when i am around you, i feel closer to my Heavenly Father
* i am so grateful to be your momma
* you are perfect in every way
* you are healthy and strong
* you are loved by so many people
* you are our miracle and we thank Heavenly Father each moment for you
sweet little abbi, you are truly an amazing little girl and your dad and i love you more and more each day! you are beautiful and perfect. sweet and loving.
love you forever,
mom and dad