Sunday, January 30, 2011
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Colleen Barton (1965 - 2011)
Thursday, January 27, 2011
A ... is for Absolutley Adorable Abbi!!!!
Sunday, January 16, 2011
* she loves to play peek-a-boo! we put a burp cloth over her head and she can pull it off!
* abbi smiles alot! she is a very happy baby! and we are so happy to be her momma and daddy!
* she is eating very well! and is on a 3 hour schedule for her 5 oz bottles
* she has a little bit of a rash on her neck from ... SO MUCH SWABBA!!!! :)
* when momma is drinking from a cup she thinks that she needs to have a drink too! :) she puts her mouth up to the cup and thinks she is drinking! sometimes she will lick it up like a kitty!
* this girl LOVES her bath!! she really gets in to splashing her little legs and feet in the water! momma and daddy usually end up just as wet as she is!!
* she thinks its fun to flail her arms all around...
* we have to be careful what we put in front of her... because she will grab anything she can!
* she is getting more hair... kinda a honey color!
* she loves to read books! well... flip the pages!
Monday, January 10, 2011
Saturday, January 01, 2011
We want to be a family with purpose. We believe that because we have been given much we too must give. We hope that as we find fun and creative ways to serve that we will learn to be more thoughtful and caring people. By serving we recognize and are grateful for all the many blessings that our Heavenly Father has given us.
We know that some of the most rewarding activities our family can take part in together are those designed to help others. We want our family to feel closer to each other as we work together for a good cause and share the satisfaction that comes in helping others.
January~ Donate time and food for a Bake Sale for a co-worker who is fighting for her life. Make different treats to bring and spend the day working the bake sale booth.
February~ "Heart Attack" a friend, neighbor or church leader who has blessed our family. Cut out paper hearts in a variety of colors and sizes. Write special messages on the back. Scatter the hearts (possibly with a treat) on a front door, vehicle, etc. for the person (or family) to find .
April~ We will each keep $25 in $5 in the glove compartment and drive-thru any fast food and give the attendant a $5 bill towards the payment of the next person in line. My motto has always been … Random Act of Kindness
May~ Look for a particularly happy or well-kept yard in our neighborhood. Write an anonymous note of thanks and mail it or leave it secretly on the doorstep. Express appreciation to this resident for adding beauty to our community.
June~ Take trash bags with us as we go for walks or go to the park and pick up all the trash we see.
July~ Make “my stuff” bags for foster kids so they have something to call their own.
September~ Pack school lunch boxes for children in need. I’ll contact a local elementary school.
November~ Contact the Soup Kitchen in Brigham City and volunteer to work one day.