1. If walking/cycling is good for your health, the postman would be immortal. 2. A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water and is fat. 3. A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years. 4. A tortoise doesn't run, does nothing ..yet lives for 450 years.
here are some of abbi's best moments in her 10th to 11th month!!
* abbi loves loves loves her daddy!! and his hats!!
* abbi is soooo close to waving bye bye...
* she got kinda sick - her temp was sitting at 101-103 for a day of so. i took her to the dr and it was down to 99. they did test for a UTI and it was negative. whew!!
* i am wondering if abbi is gonna be a thrill seeker... she loves to hang off the edge of the bed!! silly kid!!
* she is quite the chatter box! we are hearing lots more sounds! NNANANANA - we think is nanny. LALALALALALA. giah gloo giah.
* if you put your hands out and ask for something, she is starting to hand it to you!!
* we flew to oregon for the soucy family reunion. abbi was soooooo good!! seriously. the best little girl!!
she did very well on both flights too!
she was voted "miss congeniality".
she was scared of rick (my oldest brother) . i think it was because of his facial hair... we will work on that so she isn't as scared next time we see him.
she loved uncle don and marcus ( my youngest brother) ! they made her laugh!
abbi warmed right up to papa! even let him feed her a few times!!
but the hit of the reunion, was aunt michele! she went right to her and snuggled. she never does that!! very cool.
she played with lori (rick's wife) and loved the kitty she bought her.
she even played with seth (my cousin mikes son) and his dog!
this trip included lots of firsts for her:
5 winery's ! HA!!
playing golf- or riding in the cart!
bowling- which she didn't really like. she was tired and it was loud.
she rode on a speed boat!! which she loved! just was upset when momma covered her up cuz it was cold!!
and she got to go to a toy store and got spoiled by papa!! and michele!
fun fun fun!!
* abbi is such happy little girl!! lots of giggles and smiles!
* she loves to watch the remote control car with daddy!! she is still scared of the remote control big truck he has though.
* what a beautiful smile!! she is such a tease too! :)
* abbi still loves momma and daddy's toes!!
* she has started "dancing" to music!! love it!! she started with the book that plays music. she makes a "one" with her finger, pushes the button and then sways back and forth in a rocking motion while sitting down. :) :) :) so dang cute!!
* such a big helper! :) wants to get into everything!!
* abbi will peek a boo around corners or out from behind anything!! it is so cute!!
* she enjoys growling as well... i think it is her version of a yell. :)
* abbi sure loves her books!! she will go into her room several times in a day and just sit and read books!! i love it!!
* the dropping stage has arrived!! abbi will drop things as a game- off of the changing table, couch, high chair... fun.
* have a mentioned she is a big helper? she loves to help unload the dish washer!! i have her help with the silverware (minus the knives) . she hands them to me one at a time, as i say thank you with each one. she smiles and hands me the next one.
* she loves to play with momma's phone! she dials papa (speed dial) all of the time! she has changed contact information, set alarms and even did a 3 way call!! -which i don't even know how to do!! ha!!
* the remotes are off limits for her because she does all kinds of crazy things with those too!! turns tv or dvr on and off. sets things to record. etc...
* one of abbi's favorite toys is the easter basket that annie gave her and the princess eggs i got on clearance. she will play with them forever!!
* busy busy girl!! into everything!
* abbi loves grandma maryann!!
* abbi loves to help daddy unload his cooler of soda when he gets home from work! she even puts most of them in the fridge!! :)
* she can be a wild sleeper sometimes!! ha!! she loves to move her bumper pads all over the place!
* finally she is sleeping all through the night!! 8pm ish to 7am!! wahoo!
* even though she is sleeping through the night, her going to sleep for naps and nighttime is not too consistent. sometimes she will go right to sleep, other times it takes alot of work!
* she is a tummy sleeper like momma and daddy. it is cute with her little bummy is stuck up in the air.
* we moved her to size 4 diapers for nighttime since she was waking up wet in the mornings. that seems to be helping.
* abbi loves to climb and test her limits. by doing so she has lots of bumps and bruises! bonks her head on everything!!.
* she makes a cute little fish lip smooching noise. very cute!
* abbi is eating lots of big people food now too!! cheese, loves veggies! if i put down peas, carrots and corn- she will eat all of the peas first! they are her favorite! which is funny, because she didn't like the jarred peas for awhile. i dont blame her... they aren't nearly as good as fresh or frozen!
* abbi really enjoys being in her walker. she will play "crash up derby" (as kevin calls it) by running into anything she can!
* we were getting ready to go get our bountiful basket one saturday morning and she wanted to get in!! i think my basket was very bountiful that week!
* i think she is teething again...
* abbi is such a lovey girl!! she gives loves to her dolls, bear, toys and diaper boxes!! hee hee!! the dolls can be upside down or sideways. it doesn't matter... she will sometimes give them a little pat on their bum too. she usually will then toss the doll behind her! love them and leave them! ha!
* we are lucky to be able to get some loves from her too. she gives us a little pat when she gives loves or hugs to us too!!
we love you abbi girl!! you are truly the greatest thing in our lives!!
i am originally from colorado, but have been in utah for almost 16 years. i am happily married to kevin. we have been married for 10 years! wow! time flies when you are having fun! we have a beautiful little girl and she is the joy of our lives! such a miracle! my best friend and i have been friends for over 30 years! i love to "craft" and read! my motto is "give random acts of kindness!"
“I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.” Marjorie Pay Hinckley
my family 2011
"To you women of today...I suggest to you that you write, that you keep journals, that you express your thoughts...writing is a great discipline. It will assist you in various ways, and you will bless the lives of many, now and in the years to come, as you write some of your experiences and some of your musings."
~Gordon B. Hinckley
"I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to your families, to your children, your grandchildren, and others, on through the generations. Each of us is important to those who are near and dear to us and as our posterity read of our life's experiences, they, too, will come to know and love us. And in that glorious day when our families are together in the eternities, we will already be acquainted."
-Spencer W. Kimball
What I Like
Who I Am
LIBRA - The Harmonizer (Sept 23 - Oct 22)Nice to everyone they meet. Can't make up their mind. Have own unique appeal. Creative, energetic, and very social. Hates to be alone. Peaceful, generous. Very loving and beautiful. Flirtatious. Give in too easily. Procrastinators. Very gullible.
“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I can be out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
View My Photos!
The true Jen and Kev... 2008
"Enjoy the journey, traveling hand in hand, in sunshine and storm, as companions who love one another."
~Gordon B. Hinckley
Things I Love
days of our lives
giving and recieving presents!
holding hands with my huban!
my best friend
my darling little girl!
twilight book series
You Lift Me Up Award
Brilliant Blog Award
“I believe in families. I believe that they are ordained of God and that they constitute our basic relationship -both here and in heaven. Everything that is important in my life, everything that has led to accomplishment or joy, has come from the family. Along with my faith in God, it is the only thing that is worth all that I have, and it is the only thing that I can take back with me to God.”
“There is a tendency to think of change as the enemy. Many of us are suspect of change and will often fight and resist it before we have even discovered what the actual effects will be. When change is thought through carefully, it can produce the most rewarding and profound experiences in life.”
(Marvin J. Ashton, Conference Report, Oct. 1979, p. 61)
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% w hat happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes."
Charles R. Swindoll quotes (American Writer and Clergyman, b.1934)