Saturday, July 28, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
so... here goes nothing!
1. when i was a kid i always wanted to be a school teacher.
2. i attended a junior college in my home town for 2 years. i graduated with my associates degree in 1992.
3. after graduating from ojc, i transferred to adams state college.
4. i was admitted to the education program and loved taking those education based classes.
5. some of my extra-curriculum classes involved the theatre department. i totally loved them! i loved it so much that i minored in theatre. i took: oral interpretation, voice for performance (this was my FAVORITE!) oh... those were the days!
6. as much as i loved some of my classes, there were a few that i didn't love.... i actually failed 3 college courses!
- P.E. for the elementary teacher
i am NOT athletic! not even at an elementary level!
- Math for the elementary teacher
i hated the teacher. and i was "sharing" my text book with my roommate- who wasn't talking to me for 4 months. i did retake it with a different teacher and passed.. C+
- Spanish 101
ya... i liked a guy who served his mission for the church in Venezuela, therefore he spoke spanish. i thought this would be a great way to get tutored and live happily ever after. ya... didn't happen. matter of fact, i was failing before i even took the final. i approached the teacher the week before finals and asked her if i got 100% on the final would i PASS the class. she said no, so i didn't even show up. ya... i was a little gutsy back then!
7. ok... so now you are learning that i was not a very good student, but i did love college. i had a super great social life! i made friends that will last forever! we had soooooooooo much good, clean fun! boy oh boy! i think that we only did one illegal thing...
8. after my mission i thought that i would try the whole school thing again. so i attended utah state university. that didn't go so well either. this time i was going to try family and human relationships degree. i totally loved the classes, but i did horrible on the tests and homework. i learned so much though! i wish i could just go to classes to learn, but not be tested. oh... and while i am wishing ... the classes are free!
ok... i tag: holly, brenda and maryruth
Saturday, July 14, 2007
* very busy and somewhat stressful week at work. i was feeling pretty confident going into a meeting with my manager. 2 1/2 hours later... not so confident! and i had headache the size of china!
* one of my lunch dates cancelled this week. hopefully we will be able to reschedule next week.
* this is really for next week, but i am dreading it so much it is affecting this week.... i have to work 2 graveyard shifts next week. sunday and monday night! ick!
* one of my really busy days at work i was on the computer working on a huge stack of papers. one of the demo ladies came in and asked if she could use the computer. i told her i was in the middle of something but i would try to hurry so she could use it.
now, let me tell you a bit about this lady. she is a little oriental lady and she is a bit on the gruff side. she isn't always very nice or friendly. i have tried numerous times to talk to her and it hasn't usually ended with me feeling all warm and fuzzy from our conversation.
ok... so she needed the computer. i asked her what she needed to do and she said that she needed to put in a time off request but she wasn't really sure how to do it. i told her that i would help her and went into the program that she needed. she was so nice! she kept thanking me over and over. it really wasn't that big of a deal to me. but it seemed to be for her. i stayed with her and stepped her through each step and day that she need to request off.
when we were done she gave me a big hug and thanked me for my kindness. it made me feel so good. i have been struggling a bit with my attitude (especially at work) and i felt good that i had done something good for someone else.
now, it gets better! the next day she came in and gave me a thank you card with a candy bar!! how sweet was she! i was very touched that she was so grateful. i had never seen this side of her before. it was nice. and it changed me.
* tonight we had a ward (church congregation) summer party. we had a potluck dinner and then we went to the pool to swim. it was so fun! my best friend, ann, and her roommate, julie, came too! we all had a great time!
* i went to the library and got a few... books. a few? well 7! what was i thinking!?! 7 books! who am i kidding! am i really going to read all 7 in the next 3 weeks? maybe! ( i already read 2 of them, 1 of them was just today!)
* oh, did i mention that i read today? love reading! (apparently! i got 7 books! )
* kevin and i went and saw transformers yesterday. it was really good. i was NOT planning on going, so poor little kev went to the show last weekend by himself. but he raved about it so much, as did others, that i decided i would go. i was impressed!
* i bought more popcicles this week! i ran out and thought i was going to die! yummy!
* kevin informed me a few weeks ago that we are going to las vegas for my birthday. that is fun! i am excited! now, i LOVE surprises! so when the "box" with all of the info came this week, i told the delivery guy to put it in the shed around back. i was worried that i would see where the box came from and figure out the surprise and i didn't want to do that! when kevin came home i told him where it was. he said it was good that i didn't look at it.
that is all for now... have a good weekend!
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Monday, July 09, 2007
Saturday, July 07, 2007
Here is this weeks lists of Sweets and Sours!
* my blog has a new look! i like it! so fun!
* we had a PSP retreat yesterday at work. no, it was not a "playstation portable" retreat, but rather a "personal sustainability practice" retreat. basically it means that i am committing to do something that will not only better my community but myself too. for example my PSP is to recycle. i am also going to change all of the light bulbs in my home to the squiggly bulbs to save on energy! this is a company wide program and i was chosen to be one of the captains in my club. it is very exciting to see the differences we can have on our community and the environment! check it out!