Sunday, March 27, 2011
this has been a rough week...
i have slept in the recliner holding my sweet baby for 3 nights now...
she has been teething (2 bottom teeth... at the same time!!)...
and not happy...
only wants momma to hold her...
wont sleep unless i do...
but wonderful all at the same time...
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
played with abbi
ran the dishwasher
played with abbi
made dinner... (this is the one we should all be impressed with!!)
did the dishes again
fed abbi again
played with mashed up bananas ... and abbi
ran the dishwasher again
started abbi's bath (daddy does her bath and jammies every night! i love it!!)
picked up all of the toys from the day
put stuff together for work tomorrow
put laundry away
fed abbi and put her to bed
cleaned the bathroom
took a shower
posted on my blog!!
wow!! i felt like i didn't really stop at all!!
and you know what...
i wouldn't trade any of it for all the rice in china.
my little girl
and my life.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Jeannine A. Soucy
i never met my fathers mother. i wished i could have...
my mom always told me that she was a lovely women.
she passed away last month and i wanted to tribute her somehow...
Jeannine A. Soucy, 84, of Grants Pass died surrounded by family in her home on February 17, 2011.All who knew, loved & took care of Jeannine are welcome to come celebrate her life with us at Spring Village on February 27, 2011 at 1:30pm.
Jeannine was born to Joseph & Dorilda LeBlanc on 12/7/1926 in Lewiston Maine. On October 4, 1947 in Auburn Maine, She married Marcel Soucy who preceded her in death in 1999.
(my dad and jeannine)
They moved to Southern California in 1951, then to Grants Pass in 1970. Jeannine & Marcel retired to Southern California in 1997. And in 2002 Jeannine returned to Grants Pass and became a resident of Spring Village.
She was an active member in the Emblem club and a member of the Sweet Adalines. She loved her family & friends. She enjoyed cooking, singing, dancing, playing cards, bowling, golfing & of course - bingo.
She is survived by 3 sons & 3 daughters. Richard Soucy of Brighton Michigan, Donald Soucy of Grants Pass, Roland Soucy of Concord New Hampshire, Susan Parker of Canyon Lake California, Michele Monteleone of Riverside California, Evelyn Pittman of Grants Pass, 12 grandchildren & 8 great grandchildren.
i will meet you someday... until then... i love you.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
what!! my beautiful daughter is 8 months old!! wow...
here are some of her 7-8 month highlights...
* abbi is sitting up on her own quite well now!! so big!!
* she doesn't feel the need to put her fingers in her mouth after every single bite of food now!! wahoo!!
* bouncing/jumping when she is standing is her favorite thing to do!! she loves it!!
* abbi sits still and just watches closely when i trim her fingernails.
* she LOVES LOVES LOVES crinkle noises!!!! plastic... and paper!! loves to "read the mail"!
* her whole little body gets very excited when momma or daddy come home from work! her hands go above her head and flail about and her legs kick kick kick!! it makes a momma feel good!!
* abbi will entertain herself for a good 20 minutes in her walker. she loves the music (she can't quite
hit the button on her own... but is close!), the rolling ball and the moving beads!! such a fun toy!!
* she has started to push herself back in the walker and turn
* i am only nursing her in the morning
around4am and then again at night before she goes to bed.
* food schedule is: eating cereal with a jar of baby food fruit or veggie 3x a day. at the end of
the month i did cut that down to just 2x a day...
* she has started to roll over from her back to her tummy!!
* one morning nanny found her on her tum
my when she woke up!! and she had completely turned her self around in the crib from how i had laid her down!! crazy little kid!!
* she still loves her bath time with daddy!! splash splash splash!!
* when she gets excited about something she will turn into me and cuddle. oh it makes me melt!!
* watch out world! abbi is kissing!! :) she has started to open mouth kisses!!
* she scoots all around the living room!! for not being able to crawl she gets around the house!!
* crawling is coming though... she has started to rock back and forth on her knees!!
* she loves to drink like a big girl from momma's big cup! she takes a couple of swigs of water from my cup with her tongue in the cup and licks like a kitty!!
* when abbi sits with me she wants to hold onto my thumbs... quite cute!
* abbi is a girl who knows what she wants!! when she is sitting she will grab for your fingers so she
can stand up!
* the tummy sleeping has continue
d throughout the month! we have found her on her tummy for several naps!! sometimes we can tell she was sleeping on her hands!! ... momma does it too. :)
* her favorite toys this
month are: pinky- the ring stacks- her rattles... noise!! :) and her abby cadabby doll.
* abbi and momma took a walk downtown in the stroller to get bunco gifts and she was
sooooooooo good!! she didn't fuss the entire walk or in the 2 stores we went in to!! she loves to be outside and watch people! such a fun little girl!
* 2 of abbi's friends turned 1 this month too
... tayson and anne. we went to visit them both an
d deliver a present. abbi loved playing with tayson!! she loves other little kids!! she is becoming very social!
* she loves to "run" when laying down on the floor! we can hear the THUMP THUMP THUMP from another room! so funny!
* abbi has a fun little sense of humor and personality. she will sneakily grab the spoon when you are feeding her... she gives a sly smile! so cute!! we also see this little sly smile after she finishes her bottles... right before she starts chewing on the bottle nipple! funny kid!
* she loves momma's toes!! fascinated by them!
* we got rid of all the small binkies and bought new bigger cute colored ones!! (6+mos)
* she is chatter box! enjoys to talk and squeal... ooooh wow!
* peek-a-boo is still a favorite game!! she will take a burp cloth
or blanket and
put it over her face to
hide! she squeals with delight when we "find" her!! :)
* she has always loved listening to her "singing pillow" after her bath. but now she takes it and plays with the metal twist thing herself!!
* abbi has started to rub her little eyes when she is tired too... it is so cute!!
* nanny brought home a balloon for abbi. she
wasn't too sure about it at first, but she became fascinated about it!!
we sure love her!!
abbi is one amazing kid!!
Tuesday, March 01, 2011
i want peanut butter!!
and lots of it!!
i have been putting pb on everything!!
cream of wheat...
this is my new favorite breakfast, lunch and dinner!! mmmmm soooo good!!
i found this yummy pb cookie recipe!! ... not your typical pb cookie!
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix - i used butter pecan instead
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, cream together the eggs, water, butter and peanut butter. Stir in half of dry cake mix and blend well. Stir in the remaining cake mix and the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven.
and i have been making this pb granola too!!
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup almond slivers
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix together the oats, wheat germ, almond slivers and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. In a saucepan, over medium heat, stir together the peanut butter, honey, cooking oil and salt until blended and bubbly. Add vanilla to hot mixture.
Pour hot mix over the oat mixture until all is coated. Put in a baking sheet with an 1/2 inch edge. Bake for 45 mins at 300 degrees.
Stir mixture with a wooden spoon to break up and put in a large bowl to cool.
i just can't get enough pb!!
sooooooo tasty!! :)