here are some of little darlings highlights from her 8-9 month!!
* she has teeth!! she now has her bottom 2 front teeth! i found them on sunday, 3.20!
* she started crawling too!! wed, 3-30! it was a big week for Abbi!! holy cow!! she is sooooooo happy to be moving!!
* because of her teething- we have had some pretty rough nights! abbi just wants momma! which isn't a horrible thing at all... it just means that i got to sleep in the recliner several nights cuz she wouldn't sleep in her bed... poor little girl!
* we are trying to figure out what sleep method works the best for all of us...
* now that abbi can crawl... she is crawling all over the place!! she pulls herself up on the couch, tv trays and the hope chest. she is now taller than the tv trays!! guessing they will get put away very soon!! :)
* abbi loves her walker! she is getting stronger when using it on the carpet. and she zooooms all over the kitchen tile. watch out!! kevin calls it the crash up derby! hee hee!
* she also loves her toys!! all of them! she enjoys pulling all of her toys out of her toy cradle/chest. (the cradle was mine when i was a little girl).
* she is so curioius!! wants to see everything!!
she can now stand up in her crib... yikes!! so we lowered the mattress and raised the side. it is much harder for us to reach her, but safer for her.
* she is a super happy girl. she smiles alot!!
* her naps have been hard. she cries and cries! finally falls asleep... usually sitting up and hunched over! crazy kid!! she will sqint her eyes really tight when i am feeding her before bed. i think it's because she is tired and
her eyes burn.
* she loves music!! one of the only things that will calm her when she is upset is me singing to her...
* Ellen's talkshow is one of abbi's favorite things!! she will listen up and watch when ellen is on.
* abbi is into EVERYTHING!!! she loves to climb! her favorite right now is standing on the base of the walker to play with the toys on top!! so funny!
* she started playing patting her hand
on her mouth to make a sound... (bah bah bah) just like daddy taught her!! he has only been trying to get her to do this since she was 6 weeks old!! ha!!
* abbi loves patty
cake! out of the blue she started rolling her little arms like we do when we are playing patty cake! it is so cute! now she hasn't done it while we are playing... she just does it randomly.
* eating right now: we added 3rd stage baby foods to the mix! they are thicker and she isn't too sure about them...
* she is eating some table food: veggies- potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans. bread/rolls. noodle
s. fruits- bananas, plums and pears.
* loves her snacks: puffs, yougurt melts and arrowroot cookies in small pieces!
* she is such a big girl!! she is now using a high chair!! :)
* abbi loves other little kids/babies!! they are her size!! kind of is a show off! it is too cute!!
* she also started using a sippy cup
with water in it at snack time
* when momma or daddy comes home from work she gets soooooooo excited!! i love it!! we are talking ENTIRE BODY jumps and kicks with joy!! melts me everytime!
i am originally from colorado, but have been in utah for almost 16 years. i am happily married to kevin. we have been married for 10 years! wow! time flies when you are having fun! we have a beautiful little girl and she is the joy of our lives! such a miracle! my best friend and i have been friends for over 30 years! i love to "craft" and read! my motto is "give random acts of kindness!"
“I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.” Marjorie Pay Hinckley
my family 2011
"To you women of today...I suggest to you that you write, that you keep journals, that you express your thoughts...writing is a great discipline. It will assist you in various ways, and you will bless the lives of many, now and in the years to come, as you write some of your experiences and some of your musings."
~Gordon B. Hinckley
"I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to your families, to your children, your grandchildren, and others, on through the generations. Each of us is important to those who are near and dear to us and as our posterity read of our life's experiences, they, too, will come to know and love us. And in that glorious day when our families are together in the eternities, we will already be acquainted."
-Spencer W. Kimball
What I Like
Who I Am
LIBRA - The Harmonizer (Sept 23 - Oct 22)Nice to everyone they meet. Can't make up their mind. Have own unique appeal. Creative, energetic, and very social. Hates to be alone. Peaceful, generous. Very loving and beautiful. Flirtatious. Give in too easily. Procrastinators. Very gullible.
“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I can be out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
View My Photos!
The true Jen and Kev... 2008
"Enjoy the journey, traveling hand in hand, in sunshine and storm, as companions who love one another."
~Gordon B. Hinckley
Things I Love
days of our lives
giving and recieving presents!
holding hands with my huban!
my best friend
my darling little girl!
twilight book series
You Lift Me Up Award
Brilliant Blog Award
“I believe in families. I believe that they are ordained of God and that they constitute our basic relationship -both here and in heaven. Everything that is important in my life, everything that has led to accomplishment or joy, has come from the family. Along with my faith in God, it is the only thing that is worth all that I have, and it is the only thing that I can take back with me to God.”
“There is a tendency to think of change as the enemy. Many of us are suspect of change and will often fight and resist it before we have even discovered what the actual effects will be. When change is thought through carefully, it can produce the most rewarding and profound experiences in life.”
(Marvin J. Ashton, Conference Report, Oct. 1979, p. 61)
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% w hat happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes."
Charles R. Swindoll quotes (American Writer and Clergyman, b.1934)