my friend, noe, had this on her blog and thought I would copy it and share some random things with you about me...
if you want to play along, just copy the list and highlight all the things you've done.
1. Started your own blog 2. Slept under the stars 3. Played in a band 4. Visited Hawaii 5. Watched a meteor shower 6. Given more than you can afford to charity 7. Been to Disneyland/world 8. Climbed a mountain 9. Held a praying mantis 10. Sang a solo 11. Bungee jumped 12. Visited Paris 13. Watched a lightning storm at sea 14. Taught yourself an art from scratch 15. Adopted a child 16. Had food poisoning 17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty 18. Grown your own vegetables 19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France 20. Slept on an overnight train 21. Had a pillow fight 22. Hitch hiked 23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill 24. Built a snow fort 25. Held a lamb 26. Gone skinny dipping 27. Run a Marathon 28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice 29. Seen a total eclipse 30. Watched a sunrise or sunset 31. Hit a home run 32. Been on a cruise 33. Seen Niagara Falls in person 34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors 35.Seen an Amish community 36. Taught yourself a new language 37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied 38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person 39. Gone rock climbing 40. Seen Michelangelo’s David 41. Sung karaoke 42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt 43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant 44. Visited Africa 45. Walked on a beach by moonlight 46. Been transported in an ambulance 47. Had your portrait painted 48. Gone deep sea fishing 49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person 50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris 51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling 52. Kissed in the rain 53. Played in the mud 54. Gone to a drive-in theater 55. Been in a movie 56. Visited the Great Wall of China 57. Started a business 58. Taken a martial arts class 59. Visited Russia 60. Served at a soup kitchen 61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies 62. Gone whale watching 63. Got flowers for no reason 64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma 65. Gone sky diving 66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp 67.Bounced a check 68. Flown in a helicopter 69. Saved a favorite childhood toy 70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial 71. Eaten Caviar 72. Pieced a quilt 73. Stood in Times Square 74. Toured the Everglades 75. Been fired from a job 76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London 77.Broken a bone 78. Been on a speeding motorcycle 79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person 80. Published a book 81. Visited the Vatican 82. Bought a brand new car 83. Walked in Jerusalem 84. Had your picture in the newspaper 85. Read the entire Bible 86. Visited the White House 87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating 88. Had chickenpox 89. Saved someone’s life 90. Sat on a jury 91. Met someone famous 92. Joined a book club 93. Lost a loved one 94. Had a baby 95. Seen the Alamo in person 96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake 97. Been involved in a law suit 98. Owned a cell phone 99. Been stung by a bee
i am all about sending christmas cards! love them!
nothing beats checking your mail and finding that someone sent you a christmas card!
so, in that spirit, i wanted to share this great idea!
when doing your christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to this address. If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards these wonderful special people who have sacrificed so much would get.
A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue NW
Washington D.C. 20307-5001
i already added this to my address program! you should too!
ok... so i have been thinking about the tv shows i watch... and i feel like there is lots going on with them that i need to talk about...
gilmore girls: i started watching this series again a few months ago. i am watched alot this weekend and only have the final episode left! i love this show! i feel like in know the characters! i want to move to stars hallow and be part of the town! what a great place to be! even if only for an hour or two...moonlight:this show is no longer on tv and i am sad about that! i thought it was a great show ! and he was a cutie! the story line was a good one, and i was waiting for even more to happen! i would love to see it come back on the air... the mentalist: this is a new show this season and i am really enjoying it! the main guy is pretty quirky and fun! i think he is very interesting and i am having fun watching it! survivor: this is always a good one to watch! i have only been watching it a few years... but am a faithful watcher now! i like the host and each year the cast members are interesting. this year i have not been disappointed... always a good one!
ghost whisperer: i have watched this show from the very beginning! i love it. i have to admit that i have to record it and watch it the next day... when the sun is out. no nighttime watching for me! i am not happy that they are changing all of the characters though! i am bummed that the professor friend is gone and now the husband! not good! i bawled like a baby on both departures! not sure what is going to happen now!
fringe: this is one of my new favorites! i have to admit, i started watching it because of hottie, joshua jackson! but the show is very interesting! i little edgy, but i like it! and let's be honest, he is really fun to look at!
amazing race: this is another reality show that i enjoy! the people on here drive me crazy sometimes! i have a hard time watching all of the bickering, but it must be very stressful to be on the race with your loved ones. it seems that they are the ones we can "get away" with being mean to! why is that?
the biggest loser: i have always been a fan of this show! someday, i would like to be part of it... not sure i have the courage or strength though! this season has been a hard one for me to watch... a few of the blue team couples are driving me crazy and they are there to win money, not necessarily to loose weight and change their lives! very frustrating!
ok... there you have it! a handful of my favorite tv shows! what do you watch? what are your fav's?
* this has been an incredibly rough few weeks... i am so glad that they are over! time to rest a bit... whew!
* i am starting to get a cold... my throat is really scratchy... and it hurts to swallow... not fun.
* i went to see high school musical 3 !! it was soooooooooooooooooo good! i went by myself... how sad, huh? kevin went to see madagascar and i went to hsm3... no, we are not 12 year olds... just have different preferences in movies! lol !
* bunco went great! i had a turkey theme... complete turkey dinner, all of the prizes were turkeys, turkey confetti, turkey garland, turkey stickers on the score cards... really fun!
* we also had a young women's program this week. it was cute.. county fair theme... fun... but glad its over!
* i am in the middle of a 3 day weekend! lovin it! kevin has his days off right now too! wahoo! time with the cute hubby!
* its been a really long week... lots of crazy overnight and early shifts at work!
* october is over! very sad to have the best month of the year... over!
* ann's mom and sister moved out of our house this week. it is pretty quiet here without them! i miss their company.... good thing they just live a little ways down the road so i can visit often!
* my house is such a mess! i really need to get in there and clean clean clean!
* so many great things occurred in october! what a great month!
* we finished the graveyard shifts ! we won't have to go overnights again until january! wahoo!
* i am hosting bunco at my house this week for my neighborhood group! i am so excited! lots of fun things in store! can't wait!
* my cute friend, maryruth, had a baby a few weeks ago! i am so excited for her! great things sure do happen to great people.
* another wonderful friend, holly, came home from the hospital after a really horrible experience. holly, so glad you are home! i sure love you! and happy birthday last week...again!
* we got a dish washer! when maryann (ann's mom) moved out, she gave me her dish washer! the house they bought already had one! wahoo! i love it!
* i have been working on my christmas cards this week. i know that i have said that i had been working on them before.. but i never was able to! so this week i did it! i am almost done cutting everything out! now i can start assembling! the big things i left with them are: write my christmas letter and get our pictures taken!
* have you ever tried bread from old grist mill bread co.? oh. my. gosh. so delicious! kevin and i have been really into it the last couple of months! they have the best sandwiches, cold or hot! lately we are on the french dip kick! yummy! also, the loaves of bread are to die for! we are loving the sourdough bread right now! mmmmmm! give them a try! so dang good!
* i am loving facebook! i have been able to re-connect with people all walks of my life! it is so cool! if you are on it... look me up! jennie carroll little! and if you aren't... you should join! its a safe way to find those friends you thought you would never see or hear from again! you choose who gets to see your profile and pics. if you have any questions how it works, let me know!
* i am still loving my solitaire obsession! to add to it, i am now also playing scramble on facebook! that is fun too!
* i got a new phone for my birthday! the samsung gleam... it is really pretty! lol! i like it alot!
* i made a really good recipe this week! my friend julie made it for us for dinner a few weeks ago and i loved it! she sent me the recipe and wah-la! i made it too! so yummy! i included julie's notes b/c i followed them too! serve with rice or egg noodles!
Sweet and Sour Chicken Sauce:
1 TB Red Wine Vinegar
1 1/2 C. Sugar (I used half that)
1/2 C. Pineapple Juice
6 TB Ketchup
2 TB Soy Sauce
1 tsp Salt 2 tsp Accent
Dip chicken breasts in beaten egg, then shake in cornstarch enough to coat. Brown in hot oil, sprinkle with garlic powder and place in casserole pan. Make sauce and pour over chicken.
Sauce: Combine ingredients in sauce pan. Bring to boil, stirring 1 min. Remove from heat. Pour over chicken and bake at 350 for 30-45 min.
I just grilled mine and cut it into strips, then poured the sauce over the top, then baked until it was warm all of the way through or until the rice was done. I also included the pineapple chunks that I had gotten the juice from.
* the twilight movie comes out this month! how fun! i can't wait to see it!
i am originally from colorado, but have been in utah for almost 16 years. i am happily married to kevin. we have been married for 10 years! wow! time flies when you are having fun! we have a beautiful little girl and she is the joy of our lives! such a miracle! my best friend and i have been friends for over 30 years! i love to "craft" and read! my motto is "give random acts of kindness!"
“I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.” Marjorie Pay Hinckley
my family 2011
"To you women of today...I suggest to you that you write, that you keep journals, that you express your thoughts...writing is a great discipline. It will assist you in various ways, and you will bless the lives of many, now and in the years to come, as you write some of your experiences and some of your musings."
~Gordon B. Hinckley
"I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to your families, to your children, your grandchildren, and others, on through the generations. Each of us is important to those who are near and dear to us and as our posterity read of our life's experiences, they, too, will come to know and love us. And in that glorious day when our families are together in the eternities, we will already be acquainted."
-Spencer W. Kimball
What I Like
Who I Am
LIBRA - The Harmonizer (Sept 23 - Oct 22)Nice to everyone they meet. Can't make up their mind. Have own unique appeal. Creative, energetic, and very social. Hates to be alone. Peaceful, generous. Very loving and beautiful. Flirtatious. Give in too easily. Procrastinators. Very gullible.
“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I can be out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
View My Photos!
The true Jen and Kev... 2008
"Enjoy the journey, traveling hand in hand, in sunshine and storm, as companions who love one another."
~Gordon B. Hinckley
Things I Love
days of our lives
giving and recieving presents!
holding hands with my huban!
my best friend
my darling little girl!
twilight book series
You Lift Me Up Award
Brilliant Blog Award
“I believe in families. I believe that they are ordained of God and that they constitute our basic relationship -both here and in heaven. Everything that is important in my life, everything that has led to accomplishment or joy, has come from the family. Along with my faith in God, it is the only thing that is worth all that I have, and it is the only thing that I can take back with me to God.”
“There is a tendency to think of change as the enemy. Many of us are suspect of change and will often fight and resist it before we have even discovered what the actual effects will be. When change is thought through carefully, it can produce the most rewarding and profound experiences in life.”
(Marvin J. Ashton, Conference Report, Oct. 1979, p. 61)
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% w hat happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes."
Charles R. Swindoll quotes (American Writer and Clergyman, b.1934)