Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
hot chocolate... i usually have some every night during the winter! love it! even started collecting mugs because i drink it so often!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
santa usually wraps everything... unless it is big... then it is just next to the tree with a tag... to:jennie love, santa
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
usually colored lights, but this year i tried just white... we'll see...
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
not usually... i have this little holly leaf decoration that i pretend is mistletoe by hanging it in the doorway.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
usually thanksgiving day after dinner. and they stay up until january 10th- my brothers birthday
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert).
i love pull-a-part bread for christmas morning...
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
it was always such a magical time. we would turn out all of the lights and listen to christmas music, sipping on hot chocolate while watching the beautiful tree!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
6 or 7 i was devastated! a girl at school told me and i argued with her.. i ran home from school and told my mom what she said... she reluctantly told me that the girl was wrong.. how rude of that girl!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
most of the time... now as i am older we don't really
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
lots of lights and millions of ornaments. every ornament on my tree has a story... i really should count of them some day...
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
is hate too strong of a word? well... i don't mind it on christmas eve and all day christmas day... but after that i want is GONE!
12. Can you ice skate?
not so much...
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
i will never forget when i was kindergarten i got this beautiful little homemade doll... i was so proud of it... when i took it to school all of the other girls has these fancy dolls that did all kinds of crazy things... i didn't care... i was in love with my doll.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
i love the feeling that in with it... being with family and friends... finding the right gift for everyone on my list... remembering my savior...
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
my mom used to make these christmas wreaths out of corn flakes, marshmellows and red hots . kinda like a rice crispy treat... i loved them...
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
decorating... christmas dinner on christmas eve, white stocking with our gift to christ... lots and lots
17. What tops your tree?
i have a lace angel that i have forever..
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
you will never see me turn down a gift... but i truly love to give gifts.. i love to see faces light up...
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
i love just about all of them... one of my new favorites is "mary, did you know?"
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
yummy... you have to try the new candy candy kisses by hershey...!!!!!!
Have fun with this... Now you know me a little better. Happy Holidays!!!