Saturday, May 24, 2008

#1 : the Host



the day before i flew out to michigan for my trip i began to panic because i didn't have any books to read! i knew that i would be gone for over a week and i needed at least 3 books...

the host by stephanie meyer just came out that day and i love her as an author (she wrote the twilight series), so i went and bought this book! as i am waiting in line kevin asked me what the book was about and i told him that i had no idea! we chuckled about it and i read the inside cover.

as i read it i hoped that i would like it. it didn't really sound like something i would normally read! lol! too late now... i was buying it!

i started it on the plane the next day and it was a little confusing the first few chapters, but then all of a sudden it clicked! i got it! after that i couldn't put the book down! i read it all day! (good thing i had about 6 hours on a plane! lol!)

anyway... i really enjoyed it! and highly recommend it!

6 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Was it similar it looks Scary :(

Jennie said...

it is not scary at all! a little intense at times, but not scary... i don't do scary...

Dawn said...

Ohhhhhhh, I need a good book to read! That looks GREAT!

Tasha Stout said...

Jennie
I read this book as well and loved it! I love her other books and had seen an excerpt for The Host in Eclipse and it sounded really weird. But I read it and absolutely loved it! To me it was as good as the Twilight series!! Hope you like it as much as I do!!

Julie M. said...

I'm totally excited! I have this on hold at the library, so we'll see!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I have heard that that book is fabulous! I really want to read it too but don't want to pay hard cover price!

Maybe they have it on the book mobil!