Saturday, February 14, 2009

happy valentine's day!!!

happy valentine's day!
i will admit, that before i was married i hated this day! i protested the whole month for that matter! i wore black all month, but was decked from head to toe in black on the 14th! to top it all off! i worked at a hallmark store! the land of love!
ok... so when i got married, i gave in.
but i think it is more than that! i changed my way of thinking! today i look at february 14th as a day of love... not only for a sweetheart, but for family and friends!
today is a day i like to recognize my friends... let them know i love them. tell my family i am thinking about them.
my sweet husband was out of town this weekend, and didn't come home until late tonight. but he wanted to make sure that i knew he remembered me!
he sent flowers! beautiful roses! and the UPS guy brought them! how cool is that!
i married a wonderful man!
today, i tell each of you... remember the ones you love... you don't have to be married, dating or even in love to enjoy Valentine's Day...
you just have to tell those in your life that you love them!
i hope you had a good day, i did!

3 comments:

Barbi Mecham said...

Hey Jen, I love you!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

how sweet:)

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

You sound a lot like me in that I used to HATE February! It seemed I never had a boyfriend on that particular day!

Then, I ended up getting married in Feb, so did my sis and my dad re-married in Feb and our family was sealed on Valentines day 5 years ago.

Now, I LOVE Feb. and Valentines day. It's amazing how perspective changes, isn't it?