ok... so i was tagged by joy in the moment to list 8 random things about my education.
so... here goes nothing!
1. when i was a kid i always wanted to be a school teacher.
2. i attended a junior college in my home town for 2 years. i graduated with my associates degree in 1992.
3. after graduating from ojc, i transferred to adams state college.
4. i was admitted to the education program and loved taking those education based classes.
5. some of my extra-curriculum classes involved the theatre department. i totally loved them! i loved it so much that i minored in theatre. i took: oral interpretation, voice for performance (this was my FAVORITE!) oh... those were the days!
6. as much as i loved some of my classes, there were a few that i didn't love.... i actually failed 3 college courses!
- P.E. for the elementary teacher
i am NOT athletic! not even at an elementary level!
- Math for the elementary teacher
i hated the teacher. and i was "sharing" my text book with my roommate- who wasn't talking to me for 4 months. i did retake it with a different teacher and passed.. C+
- Spanish 101
ya... i liked a guy who served his mission for the church in Venezuela, therefore he spoke spanish. i thought this would be a great way to get tutored and live happily ever after. ya... didn't happen. matter of fact, i was failing before i even took the final. i approached the teacher the week before finals and asked her if i got 100% on the final would i PASS the class. she said no, so i didn't even show up. ya... i was a little gutsy back then!
7. ok... so now you are learning that i was not a very good student, but i did love college. i had a super great social life! i made friends that will last forever! we had soooooooooo much good, clean fun! boy oh boy! i think that we only did one illegal thing...
8. after my mission i thought that i would try the whole school thing again. so i attended utah state university. that didn't go so well either. this time i was going to try family and human relationships degree. i totally loved the classes, but i did horrible on the tests and homework. i learned so much though! i wish i could just go to classes to learn, but not be tested. oh... and while i am wishing ... the classes are free!
ok... i tag: holly, brenda and maryruth