Thursday, January 10, 2008

the haps! and a birthday!

wow! i can't believe this week is almost over!
today is my brother's birthday! sam! i love you! i have been thinking about you all day!

we didn't have bunco this week...
want to hear a great story?
ok...

so one of the ladies couldn't come because she didn't have a babysitter... so i found her a babysitter...

and 2 others couldn't come because they were sick... so i found 2 more subs for them...

then... i got a call saying that another 2 ladies couldn't come because they were sick! i knew there was no way that i could find another 2 subs, so i called the host and asked her if we could postpone it to next week instead... sure...

so there it is! crazy couple of hours trying to cover everything! and we didn't have it!

it's ok... the weather was really bad too!

so, i know you all have been dying for me to post my infamous "chocolate delight" fear no more! here it is!

This is by far my all time favorite dessert. It was always the dessert that I picked for my birthday when I was growing up. You can use other flavors of pudding, but chocolate is my favorite. I think that it tastes best the next morning for breakfast! lol!

CHOCOLATE DELIGHT

2 cups flour
2 sticks marg/butter
1 cup chopped walnuts

Combine and pat in 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 min. Cool.
Combine:

8oz cream cheese
1 cup powder sugar
8oz thawed whipped topping

Spread half of mixture on crust. Make instant pudding (1 large or 2 small pkgs). Pour pudding on mixture and then add remaining mixture on pudding. Sprinkle with additional chopped nuts.

yummy! enjoy!
have a good night!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMM My grandma makes that for holidays, it's the reason I gain 10 lbs every holiday, LOL LOVE IT.

Wow about Bunco! I'm glad you get to have it still next week.

And Happy Birthday to your brother!

Heather said...

Oh, that sounds SOOOO good! I can't wait to try it.

Joyismygoal said...

Oh oh oh we make that too and we top w/another layer of cool whip and top w/ curls of chocolate:) yumm it is good