i know it is a little early for sweets and sours... but i wasn't sure if i would have time tomorrow...
* i have to put away my christmas stuff tomorrow... i was supposed to do it a couple of weeks ago and just wasn't "feeling" it... so, i have to do it now... i love my tree and am very sad to put it away...
* my cell phone died this week. i am surprised as to how much i rely on it!
* i get to put away my christmas stuff tomorrow... it will be nice to have my house back! :)
* my cell phone died this week... luckily i still have my old one. so i am using it until i figure out what happened to my phone or get it fixed/buy a new one.
* i just got back from a movie! my best friend, ann, and her roommate went with me to go see 27 dresses. very cute! could have done without a few of the swear words... but it was a really cute story line and the leading man is very cute!
* i found a really amazing quote/story this week:
"James Michener, author of Hawaii and The Source, declined a dinner invitation at the White House during the Eisenhower administration, but his explanatory letter to the president made full amends. "Dear Mr. President," wrote Michener, "I received your invitation three days after I had agreed to speak a few words at a dinner honoring the wonderful high school teacher who taught me how to write. I know you will not miss me at your dinner, but she might at hers." Commented the understanding Ike, "In his lifetime a man lives under fifteen or sixteen presidents, but a really fine teacher comes into his life but rarely.""
this hit home for me... mainly because it reminds me of my priorities and the things in life that really matter. how many times have i blown something off for something "better"? was it really all that "better"? i am not sure... but i am trying to balance things more efficiently. that is for sure.
* i heard today that paige davis is coming back to trading spaces! how cool is that! i used to watch it all of the time! and when they changed the format and took away the cute host, paige, i just didn't find it that fun anymore... well apparently everyone else thought so too... so the new management of TLC is bringing her back! the first one with her is on saturday 1/26 after the live miss america pageant! be sure to check it out! i know i will!
* for my birthday kevin gave me a $15 gift certificate to seagull book. well... the new anita stansfield book just came out and i got it today! she is my favorite author. i own every single book she has ever written. i am so excited to start reading it! i am going to have to tell myself
that i can't start reading it until my christmas stuff is put away! lol!
* as most of you know, i travel to scrapbook shows for scrapbookpal.com... well, this week i found out that i will be going to michigan in may... and... i am going to extend my trip a bit to see my dad! how excited am i?! it will be almost 2 years since i have seen him! i can't wait!
(thanks again kris! i love ya!)
good night my friends! have a great weekend!