Sunday, November 02, 2008

sweets and sours...

sours:

* its been a really long week... lots of crazy overnight and early shifts at work!

* october is over! very sad to have the best month of the year... over!

* ann's mom and sister moved out of our house this week. it is pretty quiet here without them! i miss their company.... good thing they just live a little ways down the road so i can visit often!

* my house is such a mess! i really need to get in there and clean clean clean!

sweets:

* so many great things occurred in october! what a great month!

* we finished the graveyard shifts ! we won't have to go overnights again until january! wahoo!

* i am hosting bunco at my house this week for my neighborhood group! i am so excited! lots of fun things in store! can't wait!

* my cute friend, maryruth, had a baby a few weeks ago! i am so excited for her! great things sure do happen to great people.

* another wonderful friend, holly, came home from the hospital after a really horrible experience. holly, so glad you are home! i sure love you! and happy birthday last week...again!

* we got a dish washer! when maryann (ann's mom) moved out, she gave me her dish washer! the house they bought already had one! wahoo! i love it!

* i have been working on my christmas cards this week. i know that i have said that i had been working on them before.. but i never was able to! so this week i did it! i am almost done cutting everything out! now i can start assembling! the big things i left with them are: write my christmas letter and get our pictures taken!

* have you ever tried bread from old grist mill bread co.? oh. my. gosh. so delicious! kevin and i have been really into it the last couple of months! they have the best sandwiches, cold or hot! lately we are on the french dip kick! yummy! also, the loaves of bread are to die for! we are loving the sourdough bread right now! mmmmmm! give them a try! so dang good!

* i am loving facebook! i have been able to re-connect with people all walks of my life! it is so cool! if you are on it... look me up! jennie carroll little! and if you aren't... you should join! its a safe way to find those friends you thought you would never see or hear from again! you choose who gets to see your profile and pics. if you have any questions how it works, let me know!

* i am still loving my solitaire obsession! to add to it, i am now also playing scramble on facebook! that is fun too!

* i got a new phone for my birthday! the samsung gleam... it is really pretty! lol! i like it alot!

* i made a really good recipe this week! my friend julie made it for us for dinner a few weeks ago and i loved it! she sent me the recipe and wah-la! i made it too! so yummy! i included julie's notes b/c i followed them too! serve with rice or egg noodles!

Sweet and Sour Chicken Sauce:
Sauce:
1 TB Red Wine Vinegar
1 1/2 C. Sugar (I used half that)
1/2 C. Pineapple Juice
6 TB Ketchup
2 TB Soy Sauce
1 tsp Salt 2 tsp Accent
Chicken
Corn Starch
Egg
Dip chicken breasts in beaten egg, then shake in cornstarch enough to coat. Brown in hot oil, sprinkle with garlic powder and place in casserole pan. Make sauce and pour over chicken.
Sauce: Combine ingredients in sauce pan. Bring to boil, stirring 1 min. Remove from heat. Pour over chicken and bake at 350 for 30-45 min.
I just grilled mine and cut it into strips, then poured the sauce over the top, then baked until it was warm all of the way through or until the rice was done. I also included the pineapple chunks that I had gotten the juice from.
* the twilight movie comes out this month! how fun! i can't wait to see it!
have a great day!

5 comments:

Kate said...

So so happy for your dishwasher (me being a HUGE fan of them and all!) and I can't remember if I'm friends with you on facebook or not. I don't go there very often but I do have an account.

Barbi Mecham said...

Hello my friend! You are one of my sweets and my sour is definitely that I don't see you enough! Love you.

Uberly Ewe said...

I love your sour/sweets posts!!!!
And I can't wait tell twilight comes out too!!! My book club is going in December instead of discussing a book! But I hear that several of the ladies in the group are going on opening night!

Emily said...

Love the update- I too have a messy house and am very excited about the twilight movie:)

Emily said...

This is Emily Huber but the Emily who wrote the above comment definitely could be my comment too!! Messy house and Twilight lover! I just tried the french dip at grist mill last week and it was heavenly!! Lets do it for lunch sometime!! miss you!