Wednesday, July 02, 2008

jami...

my friend jami has taken a turn for the worst...
last friday she was admitted to the hospital. she was very septic and they were worried about how it would affect the tumor. on monday her left lung collapsed and they were trying to drain the fluid around it to help her breath. yesterday they put a respirator in.
they are trying to get her moved to huntsman cancer institute in salt lake, but they keep running into issues. the doctors think she has a chance in surviving this, but her odds are much better if she is in salt lake.
sunday is her 26th birthday.
i can't get her out of my head... or my heart!
please keep her family in your prayers! thanks!
(jami's story: here, here, here, here, and here!)

5 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I will pray for her

brandi said...

Jennie,
I will pray too. I was reading through the whole story and I just wanted to say I appreciate all your comments on living life to the fullest, saying how you feel, acting on promptings, trying to have no regrets. Amen to all of it!

Uberly Ewe said...

I am hear this news. I hope that things work out and I will keep her in my prayers too. And I will keep you in my prayers too as I know she means a great deal to you. Take care.

Laura Nicholas said...

Jennie - I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope that she is able to go SLC and get the care she needs. I will keep her in my thoughts.

Hugs to you
Laura

MaryRuth said...

Jennie I'm so sorry to hear things aren't going well for Jami.

You're a good friend and she is lucky to have you!!

Let's talk sometime this week!