Sunday, July 13, 2008

sweets and sours...

i haven't done this for awhile...

sours:

* inventory is tomorrow... i have a million things going on in my head of what i need to do in the next 20 hours! i sure hope i can get it all done!

* my poor grass is suffering... a couple of weeks ago the roofers were here to give us a new roof! that is good, however, they parked a massive size truck on my lawn for a week! i didn't dare put my sprinkler stuff out... i thought they would run it over! so my lawn was neglected for way too long! i water tons at night... so hopefully i can resurrect it! lol!

* i have been so busy the last few weeks because of inventory... done really nothing in my house! and to be honest, this upcoming week doesn't look too much better! (inventory, girls camp etc...) lol!

sweets:

* inventory is tomorrow! i thought it would never come! i am soooooooooooooo ready for it to be over and done! tomorrow at this time i will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel! wahoo!

* i made some yummy lemon bars yesterday! mmmmmm! i can't stop eating them!

* girls camp is this week! very exciting! i am in charge of a couple activities... that is good... but it sure does add to my plate this week! oh well! i am super excited for camp! and this year is going to be so fun! i just know it! we have such a great group of girls, super cool camp leaders and a really fun theme!

* we are having a yard sale on august 2nd! wahoo! i love yard sales! they are tons of work, but super fun too! i can't wait to get rid of all that junk! ... i mean great stuff!

* i have a really great team at work! colleen and ann have really stepped up to the plate with inventory. i am so proud of them... i honestly could not have done it without them!

* jami is doing better. she had a trachea tube put in this week and they are seeing improvements. i havn't been able to visit her, but am hoping when my life slows down i can! i talk to jeff (her brother) every day, so i am kept in the loop of things.

* in a couple of weeks kevin and i are going to visit my stepdad. i haven't seen him in a few years, and kevin has never met him. that should be an adventure!

* my mom can walk!!! she broke her foot the day after easter and has been using crutches or a wheelchair ever since! 3 months!!! way too long! well, this week she was given the ok to use a walking shoe/brace/cast! very exciting! she feels like a new woman!

2 comments:

Uberly Ewe said...

Love your Sweets and Sours. It helps me to remember that even if things seem depressing there is always something sweet to think about too. I am glad to hear about your Mom! I had no idea that she had broken her foot. OUCH!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

you do have some good news--Yea Mom yea Jami I get to visit at Girls Camp tomorrow w/ my husband as part of his Stake Presidency assignment-- i so miss camp I got to go 9 years as an adult and 6 years as a youth:>